Sunday 20 January 2013

20th January – Hit 61,332 words

There is something peaceful about today. Not because it’s the Lord’s Day, simply because there’s nobody moving around outside. We’ve had no more snow, but what we have has now formed a frozen crust given it was so cold last night. As we live a good quarter of a mile away from any gritted roadway, the road is a skating rink and I guess, like me, nobody seems to want to take the risk of driving on it. Hopefully by the time I do need to go out tomorrow some traffic will have broken it up a bit more, and maybe dragged the grit from the main road further toward us.

Marion though, remains completely housebound by the whole thing and the frustration is starting to show.

Since it’s been so quiet I’ve been able to charge on with my writing and at 11:15, I stopped and totted it up. I completed the scene I’d been working on, without difficulty, so, maybe, people like Stephen King are right after all - you can leave off in mid-scene. It’s another long scene but I was surprised to find I’d hit 3,187 words, today, without really trying.

I could continue, but I have other stuff to do, not least sort out the print royalty statements for our authors and get them sent to my partner for checking. Work will never cease, I’m afraid.

The snow, well, we’re scheduled for some later today, so here’s hoping they’re wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment