Saturday 5 January 2013

5th January.

Just thought I’d better bring this statistically up to date - 11,240 words so far.

1stJanuary – no I didn’t have a hangover, but didn’t have a lot of time for writing, and indeed hadn’t even reached more than a tentative decision to do this, so only managed 1,395 words on a newsletter. That’s about 50% of average, so not the best start.

2nd January. Had a major health scare with a family member, so was unable to spend more than a quick fifteen minutes on my iPad all day. Thankfully the scare was resolved but a scare means precisely that, my head wasn’t into writing. Still the 15 minutes yields a short cut scene for the start of a short story, even if it was only 232 words.

3rd January. Much better day. With virtually the whole family housebound due to one of the cough and cold bugs going around, I had more time to write. Sometimes being somewhat immune to these winter viruses (as opposed to the summer ones which always bite me) works very much in my favour. So, on the writing front 2,870 words, just over the required average. Not such a good day on the personal front, my diabetic check up has revealed I’ve put on seven kilos in weight since I had to abandon going to the gym since the shoulder problem developed at the end of October. So on advice, I’m now going back to the doctor’s tomorrow.

4th January. Well, this is fun. The doctor has confirmed I should stay away from the gym and given me stronger pain meds which means I can write, and with no gym, have no excuse not to. As a result felt in the swim with it, empowered even, so cranked out 3,229 words, well above the average so gaining ground on the target slippage.

5th January. The stronger pain meds have kicked in today. It’s only just gone 3pm and I’ve written 3,570 words and am stopping now to pick up other things. Publishing and editing wait for nobody.

My total for the five days is 11,240 words, still some 2,460 short of target, but that’s well down on the slippage from earlier in the week.

For those who are interested, the last three days words have been written on the Nanowrimo project I had to abandon due to the aforementioned shoulder problem – which amazingly hasn’t bothered me all day! Yeah for pain meds!

Onwards! Daily posts from now on, or at least every other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment