Sunday 13 January 2013

January 13th – Passed 40,000 words – 40226 to be precise.

You know yesterday I said I’d be dog meat if it snowed? It snowed! Ah, well, anyone got a can opener?

Actually it didn’t snow enough to keep us in, so ,wonder of wonders, I managed to take Marion out for a couple of hours this afternoon. Although cold, it was sunny, and the air was crisp and dry. As a result the canning factory visit was avoided. The main snowfall is expected overnight, tonight and into tomorrow, perfect (not) as I have things to do and places to go.

I did manage to get a lot of writing down though, which is all to the good. Still working on two projects during the day, I’ve managed to finish off the user guide draft, so could put more effort into the fiction piece, and hit a grand total of 4,462 words as of now, 7pm. The main reason I’ve stopped is I finished the scene, which was a long one, so a twelve hour, or so break from the manuscript is a good idea.

On top of that I need to talk to one of our authors in the US about the cover concepts for her new series, and a good time to catch her is a Sunday afternoon. So Corrine if you’re listening, I hope you’re on line...

No comments:

Post a Comment