Wednesday 16 January 2013

January 16th - 49,013 words so far.

Compared to the hectic start to the week, today has been nice and relaxing. With the weather so cold, and snow still on the ground I certainly wasn’t going anywhere. I had a lot to do both personally and professionally today but I did get some quality writing time in.

In fact, I reached the end of a scene and checked the word count, and then decided to insert another sentence – I’d written 3,134 words which took me to exactly 49,000 words so far this year. Now, there was no way I could consider declaring such an artificial sounding number, even if I’d arrived at it accidentally. So another sentence was inserted, and to be fair it improved the scene taking me to 3,147 words for the day, 49,013 total.

I’m wondering if I’m getting a bit too obsessive, compulsive about this target?

No comments:

Post a Comment