Friday 18 January 2013

January 18th – Passed 55,000 words.

I spent the morning running all over town, sorting out package deliveries and then going ten miles out of town to find a cable I needed. Damn, why do these things have to be so complicated? As a result I guess I’m a little grateful that it’s been snowing all afternoon. At least I’ve been able to stay inside and concentrate on writing. Only a little grateful, I like looking at snow, not having to go out in it.

Not easy with a brand new toy sting there waiting to be set up, but still I’ve been pretty good.  I’ve managed 3,147 words today, taking me to a grand total of 55,060 words and I am now most definitely more than 2 days ahead of target.

This snow is set to last for most of the day, giving us something like six inches in as many hours – which might not be much for some of my Canadian friends and contacts, but for us is rather a lot. We’ve got some serious wind chill going on with it, so it’ll freeze without a doubt so I shan’t be turning out for a couple of days.

As a result, might get a long way ahead, which I might need – this story is already past its intended length, and I’m only half way through the plot. Ah, well, another series, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment