Tuesday 22 January 2013

January 22nd – 67,142 words under my belt.

Still a lot of snow on the ground, and although I couldn’t claim we’re snowed in, travel out there isn’t easy. Most of the schools in town are still shut, and despite the scorn of many parents, my involvement with schools in the past, mean I know how difficult it is for a head teacher to make that call. I guess we need to change the blame culture in this country to get over that. I keep hearing comments like in my day; I walked to school in all weathers. There’s a simple answer to that – with far fewer cars on the road, in a time where you moved to live close to your children’s school, it was safer. Above all, if you slipped and broke his leg, your parents wouldn’t blame the school for it and then sue them. Today, you’d be ringing your lawyers from the ER as you waited for the results of your child’s x-ray – and planning your Caribbean holiday on the expected proceeds.

Rant over.

Benn a productive morning but I have other things to do this afternoon. I’ve managed just over 3,000 words today, 3,029 to be precise and this book keeps on growing. It may turn out, pre-edit, to be my longest one yet. However, edits are another issue and I wonder if I’m getting a bit wordy with it. Still a lock away in a drawer for a few weeks will make up my mind on that.

Busy for the rest of the day, so won’t be doing any more, which is a pity, still I can’t neglect everything just for the sake of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment