Wednesday 30 January 2013

January 30th – 91,813 words completed.

I know I didn’t post yesterday’s count – I forgot until after I hit the “shut down” button last night. Yesterday was a busy day, after the illnesses in the family earlier in the month, followed by the “snowed in” conditions, we finally took the chance to get some retail therapy – well at least it was a way to get Marion out of the house!

I didn’t start writing till the late afternoon, and since there were a couple of interesting programmes I wanted to watch, I ended up stopping as soon as I’d hit the word count, or just past it. 2,806 words in the day.

Today seems to have been a never ending stream of visitors, all of whom were of course welcome, but from a writing point of view, a series of interruptions. Nevertheless, I’ve managed over 3,000 words – 3,015 to be precise if you want to split hairs, and that takes me nicely past the 91,000 word mark. I could have carried on for another couple of hundred words to make it past 92k but in the end other things needed attention.

First and foremost was installing Office 2013 that installed but failed to run, every time I tried it. In the end I tried the “clean boot routine” – which is the /a on the end of the command line in the shortcut and the fact I’m typing this in Microsoft’s new flagship shows it’s working okay. The first thing I did though was to change the horrible stark white background to the darkest grey one. It’s not as good as the 2010 black environment but otherwise seems to function smoothly. It certainly loads quicker than 2010 did.

More feedback on the new product as the days pass – for now, it works and let’s face it that’s the main thing we want from the tools of our trade. The bells and whistles can wait.

I have to say though, the result from the F7 Spelling and Grammar check is a bit off-putting. "Spelling and grammar complete. You’re good to go!” is in my view a little OTT, perhaps a little too American? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment