Thursday 31 January 2013

January 31st – 95,270 words for the month.

When I started this challenge I knew it would be hard, and as I started it a few days late I expected it to be late February or early March before I caught up to the 2,740 word a day average required to meet the target.

Instead, after another good writing day, turning out 3,457 words I find myself on the north side of 95,000 words, and more than 10,300 words ahead of that running average word count.

In fact, I could have written a lot more, but sometimes other things intrude, and today I have a lot of publishing stuff to do – including sending out all the royalty statements. On top of that I’ve uploaded two books to the printers, have two more to upload, and then five books to convert to the various e-book formats in time for the launch of the books.

At some point I need to squeeze in some time studying too – my Apple course is approaching an interesting point – the treatment of images as objects, and that is a milestone I’ve been very interested in reaching – manipulating images is my idea of computer fun. Sad geek that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment