Sunday 6 January 2013

January 6th. – 16440 words

Interesting day today, well in writing terms, anyway. I didn’t get a good night’s sleep so was up and about early, and I had my writing head on. Despite a break for breakfast and that perennial Sunday morning chore – checking for a Lotto win, something done more out of hope and desperation than expectation – and with the usual, negative, result, by 9:15am I’d almost hit the daily target, having written 2600 words.

I have a lot of things to do today, thusI knew my writing time was limited so after a couple of more life interruptions, by lunchtime I had to stop. My fingers were on fire and by the time I stopped I’d hit 4573 words for the day, and I’m now almost caught back up to the relentless schedule. Yeah!

Tomorrow is one of those busy “life” mornings so I’ll be working in the afternoon rather than the morning but still, over the last four days, all positive against the schedule, I’m beginning to feel more confident yet; however with so long to go, as they say 'Anything can happen'... and in the world of fiction writing – it probably will.

The pain meds are certainly doing the job, so this afternoon it’s time to bury myself, literally and figuratively, in publishing work.

I’m still inspired by the current W.I.P. so tomorrow could well be another good day.

2 comments:

  1. David!

    You're on Fire! I'm rocking too! I finished a historic romance on Christmas Eve and am already 4,969 words into book #3 in The Twice-Baked Vampire Series. That totals 100,889 words between "Lucifer's Guide and "Amsterdamned" since December 3!

    I'm not sure I'll match your 1 Million words goal in 2013, but I'm feeling REAL COMPETITIVE, LOL.

    Congrats! keep it up!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete