Monday 7 January 2013

January 7th. Total so far 19153 words.

Today has been a frustrating day, on so, so many fronts. In writing terms I managed 3340 words, only to find that left me just 27 words short of wiping out the first couple of days deficit. If only I’d added another couple of sentences to that scene.

Still wouldn’t do to pad it, would it?

Managed to get a lot of other stuff done as well, but a couple of those things developed issues which will eat into my time tomorrow. Things seem to snowball from simple solutions to bigger problems around here.

On the personal side, I’m still the only man standing as the rest of the extended family start to recover from the various bugs, coughs, sneezes and diseases that have powered through us.

However, on the positive side the enhanced pain meds are working and tomorrow I should be in a position to make my appointment with the torture team, otherwise known as the physiotherapists. Although given I have full motion in the shoulder and the pain meds are completely masking the symptoms, I guess they going to have their work cut out to establish the problem without tearing my arm off in the process.

That’s an edifying thought.

Still, one week in and I’m virtually bang on target for my million word goal. Nice.

One of my writing friends deserves an honourable mention too, as she too is trying to get a lot of writing done in a short space of time – well done Deborah, keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment