Monday 11 February 2013

February 11th – 132560.

Well today is the day I get new glasses, so in theory I should have waited and only used the computer once I’d picked up my new intermediate prescription, computer only, glasses.

Instead though I woke up to a covering of snow outside, and no prospect of going anywhere before the opticians. Couple that with the overpowering need to write the current scene in this w.i.p. and I was hooked. Three thousand words (3068 to be precise) and I’ve come up for air, and it’s still not 10:30 in the morning.

I have a lot of editing to do today, so that will be the focus for the rest of the day, unless the printers insist I have to change the footnote separator in a book block that doesn’t have footnotes – it’s giving me a real issue in terms of embedded fonts in the manuscript. I spent all yesterday afternoon trying to fix that particular gremlin and couldn’t. I’ve pleaded with them today to take it as is but am waiting for an answer from the US – who of course aren’t up yet. Don’t you just love computer software compatibility issues?

This one is a new one on me, not something I’ve come across before - we have never as yet published a book containing footnotes, not do we use them when editing, using track changes instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment