Thursday 14 February 2013

February 14th – Almost 4,000 words today.

Wow, I finally finished that work in progress – the third one I’ve reached the end of the first draft on, whilst attempting this challenge. The end scene went quicker than I expected too, gathering momentum and finishing with a fast flourish, while still leaving itself open for a sequel.

Actually, of the three, I think this one is the best, the one with the most promise, the likeliest to be published – but we’ll see.

A couple of people have asked me why I don’t give the details of the pieces on this blog – the answer is simple – I don’t want to. Actually it would be somewhat daft to do so – between this point and the end of the third draft, the piece will change considerably, and will almost certainly change the title. So whatever details I give here will have little resemblance to the final published pieces, if they are ever published that is.

I know, you think I will put all of them through our own publishing house, but that’s not necessarily the case – I do send work elsewhere too, just not under my own name.

Just to keep the record straight, the numbers are 3,985 words today, bringing the challenge to 142,482 words, almost to the word, one week ahead of schedule.

Now to decide on the next piece to tackle, seeing as the steampunk piece needs to go via my fiction groups before I start to move forward on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment