Saturday 16 February 2013

February 16th – 148,439 words.

At one point today, I really thought I was going to have difficulty keeping up with my schedule, have a down day in writing terms and not get anything done. In fact, all those mounting distractions only consumed the morning, meaning, I’ve managed to spend this afternoon writing.

End result, another win, 3,117 words today, taking up closer to that 150k point, and stretching further ahead of the target.

This is only day two on this particular piece and I’m amazed I’ve managed to slip into the voice of this one so easily, especially as the hero is both younger (nineteen) rather than mid-twenties, and a different nationality to boot. And those are all the hints you are going to get!

Now to take my writing head off and pick up the turnip one, sorry the artist one, I’ve had my hair cut this week so I don’t look a bit like Worzel Gummidge anymore! It’s cover art time again, and I have two covers in progress at the moment, both of which are causing issues with authors wanting something that “represents” what they’re writing stands for, and something we want that stands a chance of “selling the book”. Sometimes the dichotomy between the two opposing influences goes far further than creative dialectic. Ah well, such is life, and I get to play both one side of the argument, and the peacemaker all at the same time. I should have been the Ambassador in the Ferrero Roche advert.

No comments:

Post a Comment