Saturday 23 February 2013

February 23rd – 168,820.

Not a lot to say today, not a lot going on. I’ve managed to complete a scene and write the first three paragraphs of the next, so I made my target count, just, but only just. It does feel like the right place to stop.

The cheese scones we made yesterday have gone down a storm, universally approved and none left, which is always the best sign there is. Critique group last night wasn’t brilliant – there were only two of us there, which made it cosy, but didn’t really provide a satisfying critique. You need more than one person commenting on your work, you can’t rely on a single opinion other than your own – not at this stage when I’m trying to establish my voice in a genre that’s new to me.

Sunita’s comments were good, but I need more. Luckily I have another group to go to in just over a week or so, and I’ll take it there.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment