Monday 25 February 2013

February 25th – Three thousand, four hundred and fifty nine words today.

Today has been a bit of a revelation to me, not exactly an epiphany moment, but certainly revealing. Over the last few days, and especially yesterday, writing had seemed to be more of a chore than before. As if I was losing my writing mojo. But that changed today. I picked up the w.i.p. in the middle of chapter ten, the one I’d been struggling with yesterday, and started writing.

My wife almost had to drag me away from my screen on order to get lunch ready – anyway she had to call me three times. That means I’m in bad books there, but hey, that’s a writer’s life, isn’t it? Anyway as soon as I could escape after lunch, with that roll of her eyes that said, go on then, I came back into my home office and started again.

I’m now at 175,327 words against the target, almost exactly 8 days ahead of schedule, and I’ve only stopped now because I’ve forced myself to.

Roll on tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment