Friday 8 February 2013

February 8th – One hundred and twenty-one thousand words plus and counting.

In the end, I didn’t have quite the working day I’d intended, although I still managed 3,352 words, taking me to 121,064 words for the year so far.

I’ve spent the afternoon working though, just not on my own writing. With intermittent snow flurries all day it hasn’t been the weather to go outside in, so today has been all about e-book formatting.

It’s nice to see the tools I use have come of age as well, reaching the point where the auto-generated file needs relatively little, and I sue the word, relatively, advisedly, manual scanning and correcting before they match the profiles they are tested against. Still, it wouldn’t do to not check them one last time, anyway – after all we do put our name to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment