Sunday 10 March 2013

March 10th – reached 216,313 words.

These is no doubt in my mind that this book, once I finish it will be the longest single book I’ve written. I have written series that are well over twice this length, indeed my trilogy is twice this length, but this is the first one of this length for publication as a single story.

It’s building nicely to a satisfactory conclusion. However, I have far more material for this book than I will fit into it, and I have a lot of ground for this heroine to cover. She has yet to find her feet in this world and grow to be the woman she can be, so I guess I’m already thinking these will be a sequel. Damn – why can’t I write a standalone book, just for once!

So, 3,403 words done today, which is not bad seeing as we were baking this morning, and it’s mothering Sunday in the UK, so we had to pay the obligatory visits to our respective mothers and have the obligatory long phone conversations with our children. They, of course, got away lightly this year as neither of them could visit. We’ll see about next year though, can’t let their excuses become habit forming after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment