Thursday 14 March 2013

March 14th – 228,980 words written.

Ah well, this morning was a washout writing wise – had way too much life stuff to do. At least though, we had a decent lunch out, and as a result I’ve been able to concentrate this afternoon on writing, rather than having to break off and deal with the chores of the kitchen.

This paranormal is gathering momentum, that’s for sure. I didn’t want to stop, but had to, too much other stuff to do. Nevertheless I’ve hit 3,888 words today, my highest daily total for some time and one worth celebrating as I’m now into chapter 3 and things are starting to get interesting. My hero and heroine have yet to meet, although I’ve just played their almost meeting in a bar through her eyes, and I’m about to replay the scene through his. They won’t meet yet, so that’s breached one of the hallowed rules – hasn’t it? The hero and heroine must meet in the first three chapters. Well, maybe I’ve broken it, and maybe I’ve not – they are at least in the same room, and their eyes have met across a crowded bar, but she will leave alone, and he will leave with the woman he picks up in front of her. Tension is building nicely, I really want to write more but mustn’t.

On the health front, things are improving too – having had one eye infection diagnosed as Seborrhoeic Blepharitis and the other eye infection as Conjunctivitis, at least the drops for treating both are the same. I’m happy to report both eyes are responding to the treatment, so by the time I give my talk on Saturday I will look more human than werewolf. Reminder to self, shave the backs of your arms before appearing in public! LOL.

Of course since I’ll be at the States of Independence book show on Saturday, I doubt I’ll get any writing done that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment