Sunday 17 March 2013

March 17th - 237,975 words.

Wow, this is only the fifth day I’ve been working on this piece, and I’m at 16k on it already. I’ve stopped writing now because there are other things I have to do today. Not least among them is tidy up a couple of submissions issues.

I’m still coming down from a bit of a high from the show yesterday, but at the same time I’m completely shattered. Despite being dog tired when I got in from the show at 6pm last night, by the time I went to bed, I was wide awake, and I just couldn’t force myself to relax enough to drop to sleep until the early hours. Then I was awake far too early this morning, so ended up getting us both up early too. Not good. We tend to need the routine we normally adhere to, so not doing so, is not good.

Still, 2,917 words today is no mean feat, and since it’s not yet noon, so that’s something worth shouting about. I reckon another 4 days and I’ll be at the quarter-million mark, that’s 25% of the way toward my target and a good week and a half ahead of schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment