Friday 1 March 2013

March 1st – One hundred and eighty eight thousand, two hundred and nine words.

Wow. What a total for just two months work. All I have to do is keep this rate up and I'll hit the target sometime in late November. I’m slightly slower today than yesterday but I do have an excuse – we spend an hour trying out a new recipe today for some coconut and Brazil nut cookies. We made the dough last night and chilled it in  the fridge overnight. All I can say is they are delicious, and I’m glad I’m upstairs because it means they’re out of reach. In fact I’m going to stop talking about them because then I’ll stop thinking about, and wanting, them.

Today was newsletter day, time to get that monthly epistle written, so the first part of the morning encompassed writing about Amazon and the dangers of over-focussing on one retail market, and then it was back to the work in progress. This piece is now north of 45k and building nicely toward a climax. I suspect though this will be a minor climax (the black moment) rather than the real climax to the book. I think I’m about 40k from the actual climax, so this book may be a monster! We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment