Monday 25 March 2013

March 25th. – 264,283 words done.

Today has been a scrappy day so it was well after lunch before I got started. Indeed even then I had a problem with my vision mid-afternoon where everything suddenly seemed blurry, so at that point I stopped and took a break.

This evening, everything is fine again, and I just managed a stint of about 1,500 words in less than an hour to reach and just pass my target. I think this is the latest I’ve ever finished a stint on this challenge, but, today, it was the only way I’d manage it.

Luckily, or unluckily, depending on how you want to look at it, today was about writing two conversations scenes, one between my hero and his boss and one between my heroine and her two flatmates. For some reason I love writing f-f-f banter scenes, and with my heroine getting ready for her first real date with him, the opportunity for banter was just there for the taking. I guess that’s when my writing speed exceeds expectations – dialogue, especially three young women acting childishly about adult subjects, is something that comes naturally to me. I wonder if that makes me some kind of pervert.

No comments:

Post a Comment