Wednesday 27 March 2013

March 27th – 270,214 words completed.

Today has been an awfully fractured day with only a couple of small opportunities to write within it. Life, writ large, has interrupted writing with a small w and as a result I am, if anything, astonished to realise I passed my target with about a hundred and fifty words to spare.

You could honestly say, today has all been about dentistry. In the first instance, I had a trip to the dentist this morning for two fillings, only for her to decide to do all four rather than have me back on another occasion to do the other side. As a result I had injections to both left and right, and my nose felt like it had fallen off  for a couple of hours.

After that, it happened to be my mother-in-law’s birthday today, which meant we had to go see her – and going there is often like getting a tooth pulled.

Ah, well, I survived both trips, although I am, as you can tell, feeling sorry for myself, and still in a certain amount of pain. But, and it’s a very important but, I did hit my writing target for the day, 2,890 words done and my plot is bubbling nicely. The book is going to come out a tad shorter than I’d intended but I’m about to write the climactic chapter, and it will then remain to be seen whether or not I need to write a concluding one after that. We’ll see, depending on where this one takes me.

My enthusiasm for this story, though remains unbounded, so already, I have ideas about sequels running around in my head. Damn! Why do I always do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment