Friday 29 March 2013

March 29th – 276,975 words.

Well today, I wrote the words “The End” on another of the books that are going to make up this challenge, which makes five completed first drafts, ranging in word counts from 42k up to 78k. Please bear in mind, four of these stories already had a start made to them, so I picked them up part way through, only this latest one was written from conception to completion within the bounds of the challenge. The next book will be a sequel to the one prior to this one, so that will be a clean start project too.

It’s a story where I get to play too, I love writing wedding scenes where things go wrong, and oh boy is this one going to be a doozy.

Anyway with 2,227 words done on this book, I needed to find something to do to make up the balance of the word count, so I managed to churn out 1,532 words on the company monthly newsletter, so that took me well past the total for the day, and incidentally past the 13 days in front marker for the overall target, as well as comfortably past the 275k mark.

In writing terms, all is well with my world, I just need life to catch up, still I did buy a lottery ticket for tomorrow, and I still play the lottery in hope… slim as it is.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment