Sunday 31 March 2013

March 31st – First quarter completed.

I have now hit the grand total of 283,459 words in the three months since the turn of the year. My target at this point should have been just under 250,000 words (you have to adjust the target to allow for the fact that February is a short month, so this is the shortest quarter of the year). That puts me 36,859 words ahead of target, or in relative terms, where I should be somewhere in the middle of the fourteenth of April.

The story is developing well, and pacing nicely, although I am wondering if this is going to end up stretching into a trilogy. Gulp. I only planned a short novel when I started, and as I said yesterday, it’s growing without slowing down, which is wonderful. Organic writing, anyone?

I’m not sure how much writing I’ll get done tomorrow, it’s officially year end today, so I’ll be busy double-checking stuff, and on top of that, we’ve got family round for a big Easter meal, so won’t get much computer time till the evening.

Write or play with the grandkids, write or play with the grandkids… Such a hard choice…

No comments:

Post a Comment