Monday 4 March 2013

March 4th – 197,545 words.

Well another day down, another 3,000 and odd words (3,227 to be precise) written and it’s still daylight, so I’m well within my comfort zone, writing wise. I need to spend a lot more time doing other things today, so I’ve had to stop, although I didn’t want to. The scene is building tension nicely and I want to finish it. The problem is, this scene is the crux of the entire book, not the climax, the crux of the story and it’s actually going to take a long time to unfold it. In a sense the last 54,000 words have been building up to the moment I’ll be writing tomorrow, and from there although in plot terms it will build to a climax about 15,000 words later, in character terms, this is the heroine’s defining moment.

In other news, I did not, as originally planned, by dried pineapple today. I could not believe the price they wanted for it. I need to find another source, and I can think of a couple, but neither are in our town so that’ll have to wait for another day. On the other hand, the biscuits seem to have gone down a storm with the family, so since we’re expecting to see the grandkiddies on Wednesday, and it is a grandparent’s solemn duty to spoil them rotten, we’ll have to make another batch fresh, just for them. No nuts though, of course, definitely no nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment