Wednesday 6 March 2013

March 6th – 203,321 words.

It was a very foggy morning in unsunny Hucknall, so I didn’t feel like going anywhere – and I didn’t. In fact, it’s now after 1pm and it’s still bl**dy foggy. You could almost call it perfect writing weather, especially after I’ve managed 3,024 words today, taking me to the total above.

This has now put me just over 2,000 words ahead of schedule, and closing in on getting 10 days ahead. As I’ve said before I’ll need the slack later in the year, so it’s all good. This w.i.p. flipped past the 60k point too, and I’ve just completed the “black moment” scene, so it’s building nicely toward the climax and resolution.

Critique group was good last night, I took my steampunk piece to it, and the comments were very interesting, although one was a little frustrating – she wanted “more” Victorian High Camp” in the early part of the piece – something I’d stripped out of it following the comments from my other critique group. Just goes to show that you need to treat critique points with respect, but always remember they are opinions rather than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment