Friday 8 March 2013

March 8th – 209,655 words.

I’ve been a bit slower today, but I do have my reasons. I manage dot creep past 3,000 words and put the keyboard down on the current w.i.p. but only just.

I had a bad night last night, waking at about three o’clock and not able to get back to sleep again. Consequently I was dog tired and didn’t want to get up this morning, not a good way to start a writing day, and made worse by the dreadful dreariness of the thick fog.

Of course, I had to go out into it, and went my way down for physiotherapy this morning as well. She put me through the wringer and I came away sore, but rather elated as she’s now discharged me. In all honesty I’m not surprised, pleased, but not surprised – I’ve had far fewer attacks of pins and needles in the last week, a grand total of two, whereas I was averaging 8 – 10 a day when I started with her. No pain in the arm either, so I’m to start weaning myself off the painkillers, taking it gradually, but cut them back over the next few weeks, which will also be good for me. I’m also allowed to start back at the gym, but again taking it easy and building back up. That’ll be very good for the weight control – I feel I’ve undone all the good work from last year due to this shoulder injury.

I still don’t know what caused it.

I’m going to take the rest of the day off now, too tired to do much of anything, just glad I managed to get my word count done.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment