Saturday 9 March 2013

March 9th – 212,910 words completed.

It’s been another dreary start to the day today, weather wise. It’s grey, miserable and a light drizzle has been falling for several hours. I just hope next week the weather will be much better as I’ll be talking at the States Of Independence book festival in Leicester. I really don’t want to be talking to an empty room, just because nobody turned up due to the weather. I might well be talking to an empty room because nobody wants to hear me, but you never know.

I managed to hit my writing target for the day, hitting 3,255 words and incidentally taking this work in progress to almost 71k words. I still think it’ll get chopped back at the edit stage, but we’ll see. I’m not deliberately trying to be wordy or long-winded, it may just be what’s happening naturally. Or, of course, it’s not wordy or long-winded at all, it’s correctly paced and I’m worrying over nothing, which is what every author does.

No comments:

Post a Comment