Tuesday 16 April 2013

April 16th - One third of a million words.

That’s it, another milestone reached. I have now completed 333,365 words, meaning I’ve passed the one third point on the way to my million word challenge. Wow. It feels good to say that, really good. I hit 2,813 words today, still working on my main work in progress and feeling this one is building toward a climax now.

Having said that, I’ve been thinking a bit about the previous one, and decided there’s a couple of major plot holes in it, which is going to need a re-visit to fix them. They’re quite big ones too, so that goes to show one of the perils of trying to write at this speed. Having said that, isn’t that what the first edit pass is all about, anyway? It is for me.

Anyway, today is about celebrating hitting the milestone that’s loomed over me for the last week or so, ever since I hit the 300,000 mark, I’ve been desperate to reach this one. That’s the power of targeting for you. It’s been almost a visceral need to reach this target, so I’ve made sure to write above the minimum count (albeit, only just some days) every day despite feeling awful because of the cough and cold.

I wouldn’t have done that if it hadn’t been for a looming milestone on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment