Friday 19 April 2013

April 19th – 342,515.

I couldn’t start writing first thing this morning, as I had to go see the doc about my blood test results. Unsurprisingly my white blood cell count was high (I had a cold when the sample was drawn) but thankfully everything else was fine. So now, in order to recheck the white cell count I have to go back in a month’s time, and make sure I’m not suffering from a cold or flu when I do so. I know they’re being thorough, and I can’t fault them for that but it can be a bit of a bind sometimes. Then again, if they weren’t thorough…

Anyway I did eventually manage to sit down at the computer and scribble away, resulting in 2,959 words completed almost exactly on the stroke of noon. This current w.i.p. is now marginally past the 60k mark and another week should see it completed. Then it comes down to deciding what to write next. To be fair, I think that decision is virtually made for me, the idea I hit the screen with last weekend has legs and since it’s setting is quite familiar, I won’t need to spend too much of the intervening time on research.

Now, though it’s time to stop fussing with one set of toys, and go back to programming the other set. If I wasn’t wearing a short sleeved shirt, I’d be rolling them up about now, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment