Thursday 4 April 2013

April 4th – 295,560.

Well I have to admit today was a little slower than the previous two days have been, at least in writing terms. It actually took me two hours or so to write 3,220 words, mainly due to the fact I couldn’t corral enough time to write uninterruptedly for the requisite time. Today’s count was in fact achieved over three distinct segments, with lunch intervening between the second and third ones.

Nevertheless, it’s a good count for the day and I’m really happy with the way this one is shaping up. The idea had been originally conceived as a single book, but I’m now over 18k into the second book, and as I told my publishing partner last night, I’m pretty sure I won’t finish the story by the end of book two, meaning, it’ll have grown from a single book to a trilogy.

Ah, well, nobody loves a trilogy more than a publisher, so that’ll be good. Mind you I’m going to have to be very careful finding the right main image for the cover for each of them - that is not going to be easy. Since the whole trilogy takes place within an eight month span, at least I won’t have to artificially age any of the models.

No comments:

Post a Comment