Sunday 7 April 2013

April 7th – 304,559 words.

Well, I managed to get 3,184 words written today, which given my cold is a lot worse was no small achievement, so excuse the self-congratulatory tone today. Mind you, I couldn’t maintain the speed of the last four days, and had to break for lunch, meaning I probably took closer to two hours today rather than the less than an hour and a half I’ve been hitting.

The story is shaping up nicely, but I am even more convinced this is going to end up as a trilogy rather than a single book, or even the pair I thought it would when I started this second one. I’m over a third of the way in and nowhere near the eventual resolution of the main plot – I guess I’ll just have to keep going and see where it goes. Having said that, I am pretty sure where the black moment will come in this story and the temporary resolution/ cliff hanger on which to end this particular volume.

This is of course going to give me a lot of problems with the title, I had a great title for the first book, and a good one for a final book, which is what I’m using at the moment, but no real idea what to use as a title for this second book if indeed I do extend it to make a trilogy. Covers will also be an issue, that’s going to have to be very carefully worked out. Still, compared to not writing at all, these are good problems to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment