Wednesday 19 June 2013

June 19th – 484,110.

It’s only just gone eleven o’clock and I’ve finished my writing stint for the day, hitting 3,591 words. I haven’t, however, finished the manuscript as I intended to do, that will now have to happen tomorrow. In fact, I’ve twisted my black moment into a nice double black moment, which is my heroine’s fault for putting herself in a vulnerable position by drinking on an empty stomach. Don’t worry, I don’t write those kind of scenes, but it’s going to leave her scarred and scared for the next few days in story time.

Then she will find out the problem that started it was really all in her head, so that will open the way for a glorious HFN ending. I don’t think it’s telegraphed particularly either, although it is nicely foreshadowed earlier in the book. There’s something about long distance affairs that strikes a chord with me, despite the fact I only started working away from home after we were married. But that’s a different story.

Ah, well all to the good, I’m enjoying this story, and it’s going to take at least another book to bring it to a final conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment