Tuesday 25 June 2013

June 25th – 507,439

The weather has improved again today, which is a nice change after the last couple of weeks. The sun outside also reflects a somewhat sunnier disposition after I managed to get some sleep last night.

I’d probably have written a lot more today, but I reached the end of a scene, and rather than start the next one, a pivotal one in the story, I called it a day at 3,150 words. Not a shabby achievement by any means, but after the last few days, another drop in the word count. Guess I’ll just have to try harder tomorrow.

In any case, it’s time to gird my loins and start editing today. I’ve got a pile of first drafts that need to get waded through, and start thinking about getting submitted. It’s almost reached the point where the pile is embarrassing, and I’m starting to see people ask me when some of the fruits of this labour will appear on the shelves. All in good time, all in good time. For now the target is to get them written, and then, when things start to get slow in terms of ideas or writing, or the publisher pressure starts to grow, then it’s time to get them out there. So far, none of those things is happening, but it wouldn’t hurt to get a number of them into a more polished state…

Besides that will probably mean I’ll get the itch to get the sequels written too…

Method in my madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment