Thursday 18 July 2013

July 18th – 588,793

I finished my writing stint something over six hours ago, and I’ve only just returned and powered up the laptop to write the blog entry to record a total of 3,080 words today.

I guess it could have been because I wanted to watch the Tour de France climb the mighty Alp D’Huez, not once but twice, as well as a very dangerous descent in between. I think the more likely cause though as been the heat. You could call it heat prostration, heat exhaustion, or simply eviscerating heat, but that would be overdramatizing the simple fact – I felt too hot to sit down in front of a laptop and write – so I was glad I got the words down this morning, because if I’d left it to this afternoon, there would have been zip, nada, nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment