Thursday 10 October 2013

October 10th – 874,439

Another 4,370 words today and this particular manuscript is now building nicely to its climax. Mind you, there’s enough material left over for a sequel, so we’ll see.

With no sign of the builders, things are quiet around here, but at least I’m not frustrated about that – I know why they’re not on site, and things will pick up and start moving from next week – hopefully. Or is that, or else?

I have some covers to deliver to an author today, and I’m a little on tender hooks about them – we went big, bold, brash and bright, and her thinking was restrained, and pastel – but for us, pastel doesn’t sell so we’ll just have to see how it goes. Stand by your boats, or is it beds for her reaction.

Now, where did I put that air-raid warden tin hat I acquired for research some time ago? I thought it might come in handy at some point…

No comments:

Post a Comment