Thursday 3 October 2013

October 3rd – 842,679

Easily skipped past the 840k barrier with 4,758 words today, and this manuscript remains one of the quickest things I’ve ever written. I’ve hit almost 34k on it and the story just seems to unfold further and further in my mind. I’m not sure you’d call it a saga, it’s a bit too intense and introverted for that, all the action taking place in one place, but it’s sprawling a bit.

In fact, I’m a little concerned it needs the flab cutting from it at a later stage, but I’m loving the storyline and the dialogue passages are just flowing, in fact that’s why the word count is so high each day – the story seems to be almost all dialogue! Actually, it isn’t it just seems to be that way, and I’m even handling topics I’d never intended to bring into my writing, so I’m branching out as I go.

Time to get other things sorted now, I need this room cleared out to make way for the builders tomorrow, so I guess I’ll be humping stuff around all day as a result. Never mind, as long as the jobs get done before the winter kicks in, that’s what matters most.

No comments:

Post a Comment