Tuesday 8 October 2013

October 8th – 864,842

Slightly lower word count today, but my main protagonist has just had a big scene, and I didn’t want to start the next scene until I’d let him sweat a little. So, as a result only 4,579 words for the day, amid huge frustrations with the builders – or rather without them. They are not here, have not sent any messages, and are not responding to any calls – it’s a good job no money has changed hands.

I guess they’re hung up on a previous job which has overrun, but you’d think they’d have the decency to make a 60 second courtesy call to let us know what’s happening, but that seems to be beyond them. Meanwhile, my feet are nailed to the home front, because I can’t go out in case they turn up.
I might not worry about it, but it is maintenance work that needs doing, so I’m just stuck. I guess it gives me the chance of more writing time – but I do need to get out and do some shopping, and pay some bills at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment